name="p:domain_verify"/> makeup lip cream.The best forms of beauty | best forms of beauty

makeup lip cream.The best forms of beauty


 As someone who has defended the site against its critics, I decided to dive in to try to find out if its reputation is deserved.
20. My search for a bold, dark shade of lipstick made me think a lot about Pinterest and race.

This lip cream smelled like caramel and went on like a dream…but it wasn’t as dark as I thought it would be. I was expecting a deep, vampy color. On my skin, it was more of a nice wine hue. It was still bold, but it was a bit of a letdown. (Also a letdown: the fact that it wouldn’t stay on my lips longer than 10 minutes.) But this is a familiar disappointment to any woman of color who has wanted to try a “must-have” makeup product or the latest beauty craze, only to realize it’s not available for her, or doesn’t have quite the same effect with her skin tone or hair type.
It’s always bothered me when (mostly white) women say Pinterest is only for white girls as a way of insulting it. Black women (and women of all races) use and exist on Pinterest. Pinterest is associated with all things stereotypically feminine, but that we only associate things like fashion, beauty, and being a homemaker with white women is troubling; it suggests that black women cannot be soft, feminine, or carefree. In reality, Pinterest can be a fantastic place to discover tutorials for natural hair or to find amazing photos from African-American history. Or to just find a recipe for the best chocolate chip cookies, because sometimes black girls want to do that too.
But I realized that while that content exists on Pinterest, you have to go looking for it. During this experiment, I saw far, far fewer brown faces on the “popular” page (and in Pinterest searches that didn’t explicitly mention “black” or “African-American”) than I did white ones. Was it the end of the world? Not really. But it meant I had to disregard a lot of pins, and the ones that seemed innocuous enough often produced results like this lipstick. Had I searched “dark lipstick black women,” I may have found the goth lip color of my dreams. Instead, I get a pretty bright wine that subtly reminded me that I’m different.
 Paula_sbi instagram.com
My search for a bold, dark shade of lipstick made me think a lot about Pinterest and race. | Here's What Happened When I Lived According To Pinterest For A Week 
As someone who has defended the site against its critics, I decided to dive in to try to find out if its reputation is deserved. 
Found on buzzfeed.com
See more:

Related

makeup 5703034229669606262

Publicar un comentario

emo-but-icon

item